Life as I know it...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Great Debate

Original Post: June 30, 2007

I do not enjoy discussing politics. I am stubborn and I firmly believe there are two sides to every story. Here is my one and only political post. Here are my thoughts and views on politics and the debate about global warming. Everyone with a firm political belief thinks they are right. Die-hard Republicans. Die-hard Democrats. Die-hard Communists. Die-hard Anybodies. Pro-Global Warmers. Anti-Global Warmers. The thing is...I will be on the opposite side of anyone who is adamant that their side is right...why, you ask??? Because I am a Devil's Advocate. Because as vehemently as you believe you are right - there is someone on the other side that believes they are. Because as much science as you can pull out saying that Global Warming is caused by Hummers and hairspray, someone else can pull out as much saying that it ISN'T. Until there is NO scientific debate...then I will agree with you. For instance - republicans and democrats do not argue over whether or not the Earth is flat. Years ago - this was hotly contested...as hotly contested, in fact, as global warming is now. People were mocked, there were arguments...factions were made -- then science was debunked. Now -- no more fighting. Earth - one big circle of fun. Until everyone gets on the same bandwagon - I'm not going to support anyone saying "I'm right - you're wrong" cuz frankly Charlie, you DON'T know! I am not acquainted with any brilliant schooled scientists who I have THAT much faith in -- most people I know are just normal yahoos who get their info from biased right or left wing news programs or radio, or God help us, the internet....and for every 57 articles supporting their theory, you can pull 57 articles supporting the other side. People have passion for their cause. I respect that. People have anger for people who don't support their cause. I respect that, too. I just think that it is a tad narrow-minded to believe that your belief is the only acceptable one. I mean, sure, you can believe it is BETTER, but can you really believe it is the ONLY one that is valid?? Do you really think that the "other side" doesn't want the best for America? That they are out to "destroy the planet"? I mean...this isn't an evil science-fiction movie...no matter which side you are on, of COURSE they have their own agenda...it is politics, but they do have the greater picture in mind. Anyway, that's my opinion...love it or hate it...it doesn't matter to me one way or the other...I'm just sick to my eyeballs with those that can't see past their own front yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home